Managing performance and staff appraisals
In a difficult economic environment businesses need to get the most from their staff. This course will enable delegates to understand and get the most from performance management processes.
Organisations can achieve the best results from their employees by managing performance within an agreed framework of planned goals, objectives and standards. Organisations which have a performance management system also have staff who understand the standards required of them, who are able to prioritise their work and know how it fits into the overall aims of the organisation. Good performance management includes the identification of staff training needs ensuring that people have the knowledge and skills needed to make the organisation successful. In this training session we show you how to manage performance through objectives and standard setting.
Managers, supervisors, HR officers and anyone with responsibility for managing staff.
- Making performance management an accepted and normal part of the life of an organisation.
- Role and responsibilities of managers
- The ‘do’s and don’ts’ of appraisal
- Setting performance objectives and monitoring individual performance.
- Giving effective feedback and improving poor performance.
Please call Acas on 0300 123 1150 or email email@example.com